Has a car accident gotten you down recently? It’s often a time in many people’s lives where they discover which people and companies are there to help – and which ones are not. It’s also a time when people find themselves needing to learn everything that they possibly can about insurance, car accidents, witness statements, claim management, legal requirements etc – the list is endless. And that is only the start, there is a mountain of admin that usually comes with a car accident.
Any accident can be a scary and traumatic experience for most – but there are some accidents that are just minor inconveniences and others that take years to come to grips with. And the steps that you need to follow may differ slightly depending on whether you’ve been in a minor accident vs a major car accident.
A minor accident could be something as simple as a bumper bash – Here are a couple of steps to take after a minor accident:
- Turn off your engine and take a breather. Even a minor accident or bumper bashing can be upsetting to most, especially if it catches you off guard!
- Remember to switch your hazard lights on.
- It’s a good idea to make sure that everyone in your vehicle is ok and then to check on those in the other cars.
- Be sure to move your car out of the way if it’s safe to do so.
- Swap your details with all other drivers involved in the accident and with any witnesses that may have seen the accident.
- Take pictures of the cars and accident scene.
- If no one has been injured and your car is safe to drive, you can drive home.
- Give us a call! We’ll be able to help with your insurance claim management.
More serious accidents can mean that your car is likely unsafe to drive – in this case, it will be important to tow your car. We can help you with contacting a tow company who will help you get your car to the nearest repair facility. And if you were not at fault, we will help you with an accident replacement vehicle!