Breakdowns are often frustrating – and can be a hassle, they can happen to anyone for all types of reasons. From a dead battery to mechanical faults, breakdowns can often be unexpected.
Hopefully you have roadside assistance – and if you do, then be sure to pull over to a safe location. Here are some tips on how to stay safe while waiting for help to arrive.
- Look for the safest place to pull over, as far left as possible.
- Turn on your hazards.
- Leave your car from the passenger side if possible (Away from any traffic).
- If it’s not safe to leave your car, then stay seated in your car with your seatbelt fastened.
- Be vigilant and have a constant awareness of your surroundings.
- Knowing where you are is important information to give your roadside assistance support agent, be sure to always have an idea of where you are.
- Avoid crossing the road at all times.
- Don’t stand on the road, rather move behind any safety barriers.
- Avoid any distractions, such as playing on your phone.
- If you can’t get out of your car, don’t take off your seatbelt.