While the 2018 Hyundai i30 N is peaking interests and ahead of the mid-April release, Hyundai has released details of the 2018 Hyundai i30 N. Starting at around $39,990 – before any on-road costs – the i30 N will come standard with the higher-output 202kW/353Nm version (378Nm on overboost) of Hyundai’s 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine.
A few special highlights in the 2018 i30 N will include an active variable exhaust, an electro-mechanical limited-slip differential, launch control, 19-inch alloy wheels with Pirelli P-Zero HN tyres, LED headlights and tail-lights with LED daytime-running lights, dual-zone climate control to just name a few.
Safety has also been highlighted in the i30 N, with seven airbags as well as the Hyundai SmartSense package. The SmartSense package includes autonomous emergency braking, forward collision warning, driver attention alert and lane-keep assist.
Perhaps a downside or negative to the 2018 Hyundai i30 N is that there is no adaptive cruise control or blind-spot monitoring – modern comforts that are lacking.
But what about the standard Hyundai i30 – the Korean manufacturer has certainly not forgotten about its standard i30 range and the revamped i30 range now includes the introduction of the 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine to the elite and premium ranges.
Perhaps the most interesting update has been the availability of Hyundai’s SmartSense suite of safety features on the Go and Active models (the lower tiers). The SmartSense is an optional extra at $1750 but brings many great safety features.
2018 Hyundai i30 prices
- Go (petrol, man) – $19,990
- Go (petrol, auto) – $22,290
- Go (diesel, man) – $22,490
- Go (diesel, auto) – $24,990
- Active (petrol, man) – $21,090
- Active (petrol, auto) – $23,390
- Active (diesel, man) – $23,590
- Active (diesel, auto) – $26,090
- SR (petrol, man) – $25,990
- SR (petrol, auto) – $28,990
- SR Premium (petrol, auto) – $34,490
- Elite (petrol, auto) – $27,790
- Elite (diesel, auto) – $30,490
- Premium (petrol, auto) – $32,790
- Premium (diesel, auto) – $35,490
*All prices exclude on-road costs