- All information provided by you will be treated in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and regulations under that Act (and in particular the Australian Privacy Principles established under that Act).
- Carbiz is required to collect certain information (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of providing and managing theProducts and Services.
Personal Information we may collect includes the following:
- email address;
- telephone number;
- banking and credit card details; and
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to Carbiz either through the Site or over the telephone, by email or during your other dealings with Carbiz.
- Carbiz may also collect other information from you that is not Personal Information, including your answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use the Site.
You are required to provide Carbiz with the Personal Information when you:
- enquire about, apply for, or purchase any Products and Services;
- request any information about the Products and Services or any other content on the Site (“Content”);
- wish to open an account with Carbiz;
- request Carbiz to facilitate or process any transaction on your behalf;
- subscribe to Carbiz’s publications or email messages;
- request sales or advertising information;
- request Carbiz to reply to any query or provide any other information; or
- send your comments or suggestions to Carbiz.
If you do not provide Carbiz with the Personal Information, then Carbiz may not be able to:
- provide you with the Products and Services;
- provide you with information about vehicles of interest to you or information about any special promotions that Carbiz may run from time to time; or
- customise the content of the Site to your preferences.
- You acknowledge and agree that provision of the Personal Information by you for the purposes referred to in clause 1.5 is of vital importance to the ability of Carbiz to provide you with the Products and Services.
Carbiz collects, holds, uses and discloses the Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Products and Services;
- to provide you with updates and advice in relation to the Products and Services;
- to communicate with you;
- to disclose the Personal Information, with your consent, to Carbiz’s associated entities for provision of additional products and services that may be useful to you, including vehicle finance;
- to address your enquiries and complaints and provide you with the information that may be of interest to you;
- to provide you with access to your account on the Site;
- to improve the operation of the Site;
- to disclose information to Carbiz’s associated entities, contractors, service providers and other relevant third parties in the normal course of operation of Carbiz’s business;
- administration, marketing and advertising, further development and improvement of Products and Services; and
- to comply with any law or requirement of any relevant authority.
- You acknowledge that it is illegal to make misrepresentations or provide misleading or deceptive information. Carbiz has a right to make enquiries regarding your identity or any other details for the purposes contemplated by the law, including Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth).
- While Carbiz collects the Personal Information from you and other users, it has no intention of collecting “sensitive information” (as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)), being the information or opinions about health, political affiliations, sexual preferences, religious beliefs, racial or ethnic origin or similar information.
If you provide Carbiz with the Personal Information about another person or entity, you agree to:
- notify the relevant person or entity about their ability to access this information.
- You consent to Carbiz verifying the information that you have provided about another person or entity directly with the relevant party.
CHANGES TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
- If you do not provide all information requested by Carbiz or provide incomplete or inaccurate information, Carbiz may not be able to provide the relevant Products and Services to you. You agree to immediately notify Carbiz of any changes to the Personal Information previously provided by you.
- You can request Carbiz to modify the Personal Information that has changed or is otherwise inaccurate.
- If Carbiz disagrees with you regarding the accuracy or completeness of any information provided by you, Carbiz will use its reasonable endeavours to provide a justification for its view.
In this clause 3, the term “Onboard Device” means a GPS, immobiliser, driving recorder, event data recorder, onboard camera, sensor, computer or another device that is installed in a vehicle that has one or more of the following functions:
- electronic tracking;
- viewing; and
- any other function required by Carbiz.
- acknowledge and agree that Carbiz may install in any vehicle supplied by it as part of provision of the Products and Services any Onboard Devices required by Carbiz and use them for any purposes required by Carbiz;
- authorise Cabiz to install and use the Onboard Devices for any purposes required by Carbiz;
- acknowledge and agree that Carbiz owns all rights, title and interest (including any intellectual property rights) in the recordings, videos, materials and any other output produced by the Onboard Devices installed in the vehicle; and
- authorise Carbiz to use those recordings, videos, materials and output for any purposes required by Carbiz (including sales and marketing).
- In this clause 3, the term “Onboard Device” means a GPS, immobiliser, driving recorder, event data recorder, onboard camera, sensor, computer or another device that is installed in a vehicle that has one or more of the following functions:
STATISTICS AND COOKIES
- Carbiz gathers statistical details about the users of the Site, including the number of visitors, the pages they view, the types and patterns of transactions that take place and the amount of time they spend on the Site. All these details are used to assess and enhance the functioning of the Site and provision of the Products and Services. Apart from these details, Carbiz does not gather any other information about its customers or visitors of the Site if they do not give that information to Carbiz.
- You acknowledge that the Site uses “cookies”, which comprise an identification number or code that is sent to your search engine from the Site system and is kept on the hard drive of your computer. Every webpage has its specific cookies to send to different search engines, but only if a search engines allow cookies. Nevertheless, in order to preserve your privacy, your search engine only enables a website to have access to the cookies that are stored on your computer.
- The cookies are used to gather statistical data referred to in clause 3.1 and to give the users the permission to access their account. When users have access to their online accounts, an automatic cookie will be sent to that computer that will be a unique identification for that user, account and computer. As a result, users are not asked to complete their login details every time they visit the Site.
- The majority of search engines enable cookies. However, you have a chance to modify the search engine’s settings to deny access of cookies or to receive a notification every time your computer gets a cookie and you can decide whether you wish to accept it. If you deny access to all cookies, you will not be able to have access to your account. You also have a chance to delete all the cookies that have been sent to your computer.
- You must have a secure browser supporting secure transmission of data across the Internet.
- Carbiz exercises great care in providing secure transmission of information from your computer to its servers. Carbiz uses a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of the Personal Information. Personal Information supplied by you through the Site is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Personal Information collected on the Site is stored in a password protected environment that is not available to the public.
- Despite the provisions of clause 4.2, you acknowledge that transmissions made on or through the Internet are vulnerable to attack and cannot guaranteed to be secure.
- Carbiz may from time to time transfer the Personal Information or any other information outside Australia in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to the countries with privacy laws that do not provide the same level of protection as Australia’s privacy laws. For example, Carbiz may transfer the Personal Information to the Asia-Pacific, the European Union or the United States of America. Additionally, Carbiz may also use cloud storage and electronic servers that are located overseas.
- By providing Carbiz with the Personal Information or any other information, you consent to Carbiz disclosing that information to overseas recipients on the basis that, whenever permitted by law, Carbiz is not required to take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient complies with Australia’s privacy laws and regulations.
For the purpose of providing the relevant Products and Services to you and developing, reviewing and maintaining Carbiz’s systems, procedures and facilities Carbiz reserves the right to disclose the Personal Information provided by you to:
- Carbiz’s directors, officers, employees, contractors, consultants, service providers. advisors, suppliers and agents;
- Carbiz’s associated entities;
- third party responsible for the provision of any Products and Services;
- any vehicle dealerships and private sellers of vehicles in relation to a sale or purchase of a vehicle;
- to any financiers and insurers in relation to a sale or purchase of a vehicle;
- any person or entity considering acquiring or taking an interest in Carbiz’s business or assets (on a confidential basis); and
- anyother person or entity with your consent.
- Carbiz may, at its sole discretion, disclose the Personal Information to any government, semi-government or statutory authority or any other person as may be required to comply with any laws, regulations, notices or orders.
- For the purpose of providing the relevant Products and Services to you and developing, reviewing and maintaining Carbiz’s systems, procedures and facilities Carbiz reserves the right to disclose the Personal Information provided by you to:
YOUR ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- Subject to clause 6.2, on your request, Carbiz will provide you with access to the Personal Information supplied by you within a reasonable time after your request at no charge to you.
Provided that Carbiz provides a reason for its actions, Carbiz may refuse to provide you with access to your Personal Information for any of the following reasons:
- if accessing such information may put a person’s life or health at risk;
- if accessing such information can have an undue effect on another person’s privacy;
- if you make a vexatious or frivolous access request;
- if accessing such information is against the law;
- if accessing such information can have detrimental effect on an enforcement event associated with an illegal activity or any other infringement of law; or
- if there are lawful dispute resolution actions that limit or prevent disclosure to such information.
- By accessing or using the Site you agree to Carbiz sending commercial (including advertising, marketing and promotional) materials regarding the Products and Services offered by Carbiz or its associated entities, including email and phone messages. You may opt out of receiving these communications from Carbiz by giving Carbiz a written notice to that effect or unsubscribing from Carbiz’s mailing list using the relevant option in Carbiz’s emails or phone messages.
- You warrant that you are authorised to use the email address and telephone number provided by you.
- The Site contains or may contain an invitation service enabling you to invite others to use the Site. The service will allow you to import, at your direction, your contact list from certain email services used by you and to send an email on your behalf from your email address inviting people from your contact list to use the Site. The information you provide will be used solely to facilitate you sending the invitation and will not be stored or used by Carbiz for any other purpose.
- If you are a recipient of such invitation and have elected to opt out from receiving any further invitations from the Site, Carbiz will retain your email address solely for the purpose of blocking any further email correspondence from it.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- The Site may have links to other sites which may gather personal information from you. You acknowledge and agree that Carbiz is not responsible for any privacy and disclosure practices of those sites. You should make your own enquiries and satisfy yourself with respect to those matters.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
- Carbiz recommends that you review this Private Policy from time to time to be aware of any variations.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- you consent to the use and disclosure of the Private Information provided by you in accordance with this Privacy Statement; and
- the information provided by you must be current, complete and accurate and in case of credit or loan facilities Carbiz will rely on that information to assess the relevant person’s eligibility for such facilities;
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- If you require access to the Personal Information provided by you or have any queries or complaints regarding your privacy and Carbiz’s use of your Personal Information, please contact Carbiz’s Privacy Officer by using the “Contact Us” form.If your query or complaint is not resolved in a satisfactory manner, you have a chance to refer your concerns to the Australian Information Commissioner appointed underthe Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).