Whether it's a breakdown or an accident that was not your fault, sitting on the side of the road can be more dangerous than you may think.
What should you do if you are in an accident that was not your fault?
While you may be pretty shaken up, it’s important to remain calm. If you’re not sure what information to exchange, how to get your car towed or even who to call first, then just breathe and remember that the team at Carbiz is on hand! Our dedicated accident support line is only a call away, we’ll help you.
Here are some tips to keep you safer on the side of the road
- If you’re able to, no one is injured and your car is in a condition to do so, you should try to move your car as far to the left hand side of the road as possible
- Don’t stop in the middle of the road, this will make it unsafe for both yourself and other cars trying to overtake or pass.
- In an emergency, it’s a great idea to turn on your hazards, to let others know.
- It’s not a good idea to wave other motorists down for help on the motorway. Rather move to the side of the road and give Carbiz a call, we’ll help you.
- If there’s nowhere safe to wait outside of your car, consider rather waiting inside your car. If you do want to get out and the road is busy, try getting out of the passenger side.
- Make sure everyone is safe and uninjured. If you spot any injuries, call 000 to get help sent to the accident scene.
Not at fault? Call our team, we'll help you 📞1300 889 256